Like Tree8Likes

Work in Quarry Bay - Housing options?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

For anyone reviewing this thread, what everyone says is true...gotta go visit first! Had to give up the garden but in exchange will be able to access public transport better. Maybe because of child's age (3.5) and entry of timing (after start of 2nd term) but found intl schools were not as hard as I feared. I had 7 tours booked all by email ok. We did not go for ones that interview that early age nor ESF (will later so maybe that's when the difficulty will come). By using all of the helpful tips and from the many HK FB support groups, we were able to supplement our agents listings which was great for us. Transitioning to another country is always bit stressful especially with young ones but online HK welcome wagon team is on point!

jgl likes this.

I could see myself in so many areas but for school, commute, size of place - Stanley was the answer. It was never on my list because I thought for space and money the value wasn't going to be there as I had read it was very costly (don't get me wrong, it is) but we found something that worked. Probably will move out to New Territories at some point since I'm still after size and garden but until I learn to drive here, will have to wait.

TheBrit likes this.

Oof, tunnel commute. HK island south is nice, but the traffic had put us off. If there was MTR, we would've gone for repulse bay.