Now tv re installation charge?

Closed Thread

Now tv re installation charge?

Hi all, I'm moving soon and am wondering whether I can just take my now tv box/modem and install it in my new home (park island, Ma wan) by myself?

Obviously i I realise I need to notify NOW of my address change etc but do they then need to send a guy round to reinstall? I've heard they charge $300 for reinstallation but other sources tell me your allowed to move once with no charge?

any info much appreciated!
    Nick

I will be very interested to have the answer as I am in the exact same situation (including pccw internet)

Tx

I'm pretty sure when I moved they didn't charge me.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It's not just a case of just plugging it in. The man has to flip a switch somewhere , somewhere you don't have access to, and then test the line in your place.

From NowTV page:

I will move house soon and will install now TV in the new location, will I be charged for relocation fee?

You will be charged $300 per move for one broadband line (including one modem) as a relocation fee. For inquiries, please contact now TV Customer Service Hotline at 1833 888.
    But I think you can get it waived. Call the hotline.

I've moved a couple of times and never been charged for re-installation. Just give them a call.

They started to be strict on the installation/re-installation fee, even not 100% waive for their staff.

I moved six months ago, and the broadband (not NOW) already in place for the new apartment, still got charged.

Thanks all. I gave them a ring and they gave me the same old upgrade talk - ie. If I add a few more channels, upgrade speed of Internet the fees will be waived. But obviously the cost per month of upgrading seems minimal but annually NOW still stand to make more than the fees waived. And I don't really want any more channels. What's more the guy said it'll be $680 fee of Internet reinstallation because my new home (park island) doesn't support my current Internet service..believable ?hmm. Tv reinstallation seems to be $300 but everywhere in the contract it says you 'may' be charged ..everything is 'may'. Rather frustrating. So seems it's either $980 for reinstallation of exact current services or

Upgrade and pay more anyway! Argh!

how long do you have left on your NOW contract

Until next August for both TV and internet.