Moving in 2 weeks! Couple of Q's

Moving in 2 weeks! Couple of Q's

Thanks for the answers so far and I hope everyone is safe with the storm.

Couple of questions if you don't mind!

1. We're probably going to leave most of our furniture at home in the States as we'll be in HK for 2-3 years. Any recommendations on where to get started with furniture? I'd like to buy some used but my wife is quite the shopper and wants to buy all new. She definitely has expensive tastes, so we'll probably get some used and some new over time. Also considering renting some if people thought that makes sense.

2. Anyone know where we can buy a TempurPedic mattress?

3. Any thoughts on what to do about a cell-phone in the short term? I'm assuming I'll get one from work but need one for my wife.

4. Any idea on how much it costs or best way to ship over a few 2ft x 4ft boxes with linens, etc.

Thanks and be safe.

I can help with one of thoses Qs. Only 1 for today.

Loads of good solid wooden furniture can be shopped from Queen's Raod East. That's in Wanchai. Or you could try Horizon Plaza in Aplei Chau. Bit of a trip if you're new nad don't have a car.

1. As mentioned above, Horizon Plaza in Aplei Chau is your best bet. Just take a taxi going there.

2. TEMPUR - TEMPUR Hong Kong

3. You can buy a handset and use prepaid calling cards, ex. PCCW - Services and Pricing Prepaid Services PCCW mobile Rechargeable SIM Card -there are other providers though

The phone is one thing you won't find difficult. It seems half the shops in this place sell phones and prepaid cards you can pick up in a few minutes.

for used furniture the classifieds here are good also a lot of buildings have notice boards and people moving out sell stuff on those. Worth checking the one from the building you will move to. As a lot of rental contracts only run 2 years before people move on you the things are too old. Also useful for curtains / blinds as they will be an exact match for the window size.... Even if you don't use them long term they are good until you find exactley what you want.....