Like Tree6Likes

Family or 5 moving to HK from France

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Family or 5 moving to HK from France

Hello,
    we Will move to HK in august with our 3 kids (14, 11 and 6). They Will go to The french international school, in 3 different places : blue pool Rd, jardines look out and Hong Hum!
    the choice of the appt on HK island will not be easy.
    we would like to find a 4 bedrooms, and our budget is 75-85 Khkd.
    we will go on a relocation trip end of March, and visit happy valley, mid levels, pokfulam and the south. My husband will probably have an office in admiralty or central (he can choose the place), and will often travel.
    what is your experience of these different areas with children? Do you have any advices?
    one of our kids has light asthm, and I am worried about the pollution.
    thanks for your help,
    have a nice weekend

1) try to lower your requirements, why not 3br?
    2) look into Happy Valley - close to all schools and work too

Personally i would look into the area where the youngest has least travel time and then check which complex the schoolbus services for the older two.

4 bedrooms are pretty rare unless you get a village house but those will be put in areas like Clearwater bay, Sai Kung etc so travel time will be long.

Ah but the coronation is in the middle of nowhere.
    There's not much around it

Original Post Deleted
    How would any of the family members get to where they have to go in the day without a 1 hour commute each way? To the OP: the construction in these pictures is a new train high-speed train line being put in. It's a massive construction eyesore that has terribly sliced up pedestrian access to various areas, although rather amazing at the same time, too. But not somewhere I'd personally want to live near. The Elements mall is not exactly a "Ah, I think I'll go shopping a bit today!" kind of mall, unless you're a multi-millionaire and find that kind of thing fun.

Please talk to fis and ask exactly where the school buses are picking up your children. Not all buses offer door to door stops.

On the budget, I think there would be relatively more buildings offering a 3 bedroom apartment. There are a few that can offer 4 bedrooms on at budget but maybe outside of the locations that you have mentioned.

Please pm me if you need specific building or area recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    4 bedrooms are pretty rare unless you get a village house but those will be put in areas like Clearwater bay, Sai Kung etc so travel time will be long.
    Plenty of 4 bedders on HK south side...but hard for 80k..but doable.

We have friends in South Bay. 78k. 2300 sqf. 3.5 bedders (one is used as office/spare bedroom)…but yes OP 3 bedrooms is probably most likely. Re school issue...not too worry too much. FIS has buses so if i were u i would email them and see what they can do.

There are tones of French in Stanley...if being with the French is ur thing and the Manhattan and Pacific view are field w french expat families.

Welcome to HK.
    yaya33 likes this.

We have a 5 bedroom in Mid Levels West in that price range. So it is possible, but they are rare. Our realtor was fantastic and I'm happy to recommend her if you need someone.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

yaya33 likes this.

The salary for a good driver is about $15,000/

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast