Like Tree6Likes

Young professional moving to HK August

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It depends on your lifestyle. If you want to have plenty of western style restaurants and bars nearby then you'll need to be closer in to town. If you are prepared for a bit of a commute (which by western standards is still very quick / convenient) then it's still manageable even if you live further out. Public transport is quick and pretty convenient and taxis are quite cheap.

Original Post Deleted
    By all means check it out (as per my original suggestion) but as the OP has already visited HK, presumably got a taste of LKF, Soho etc etc and expressed an interest to be close to the center of town then I have the feeling that Tsing Yi is not going to be suitable (at least not for his first place). Many people start out in the centre of town and then move further out once they get more familiar with HK.
    jrkob likes this.

Original Post Deleted

Woah! I think i'd like somewhere a little more central. It seems that people see 40 mins as a long commute in HK, but back in London thats very reasonable! But i'm not sure if 15k will get me anywhere, that'd id deem nice enough in central or olympic way - as mentioned earlier.

I do appreciate your posts!

Jrkob - hadn't thought about marriage yet! ha

There is a flat for rent (classified) for 16k in wanchai...looks pretty ok to me. Good deals well located can be found.