I moved to Hong Kong last month. We are a young couple with no kids and pets. I am staying in my company apartment for the time being, but will have to find a place for myself soon.
My budget is around 14,000 HKD which I know is low, however I have heard that there are places like Sai Kung where I may find something that fits my budget. I visited Sai Kung last weekend and found it to be very pleasant and refreshing. However, I have a few questions:
- How big an apartment can I find for my budget (HKD 14K)?
- How long is the commute from Sai Kung to Quarry Bay, and is it absolutely necessary to own a car?
- Are there medical facilities available around Sai Kung?
- I may be sounding a bit paranoid, however is it safe to stay here? I heard a few cases of burglaries in the area.
- Sai Kung is huge! Where in Sai Kung should I stay in case I do not plan to buy a car?
- Apart from the distance from the main island, any other drawbacks of staying in Sai Kung?
Thanks in advance for your help!