Like Tree19Likes

Moving to HK (from Tokyo)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

also

Do you like the party life, night clubs and drinking, if yes, and want to participate twice or repeatedly every few days, consider moving to HK island

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    The high end apartments above elements may be also decent for you

but Laguna Verde is closer to Tokwawan, a good 20 mins walk to hung hom mtr, a bit far, apparently very nice though and you do get a nice sea view easterly wise
    I had a Singaporean girlfriend ( back in day ) who lived in an apartment at Laguna Verde, agree it's about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Whampoa, but it does have a coach ( shuttle ) bus that goes to TST, terminating behind the Peninsula Hotel, which was pretty handy/comfy. Not a bad little spot with excellent views of the harbour, if your tower faces the waterfront, which my gf at the time had. hehe.
    imparanoic likes this.

The high end apartments above elements may be also decent for you

but Laguna Verde is closer to Tokwawan, a good 20 mins walk to hung hom mtr, a bit far, apparently very nice though and you do get a nice sea view easterly wise
    you dont walk to the MTR when you live in Laguna Verde...minibuses drop you there.

Some good ramen suggestions for our Japanese friend;

Ippudo
    Butao
    Ichiran

Some of those you might be familiar with in Tokyo.

Best sushi i have had in HK is Kenjo on Minden avenue in TST.

Tadashi likes this.

What size apartment do you require? And how much are you willing to spend?

Original Post Deleted
    thank you! i will check out those places online first

For that budget, and that size, you won't get anything in hk island, best to look in kowloon

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi:
    i was in town last april, the air quality was "bearable". Not sure what July/Aug would be like though.
    It is a long way from Tokyo. I can see Mt Fuji from our office in Tokyo. Sometimes I can't even see across the harbour in HK.

For that budget, and that size, you won't get anything in hk island, best to look in kowloon
    Well that's not true. I pay 17k for a 2 bedroom fully furnished apartment in Wanchai. It's more like 450 sqft though.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Well that's not true. I pay 17k for a 2 bedroom fully furnished apartment in Wanchai. It's more like 450 sqft though.
    walk up building/Chinese tenement in wan chai? or would the op prefer apartment with lift at 450 sq ft with clubhouse facilities ( gym, both outdoor and indoor swimming pool, table tennis, mahjong room and restaurant) called harbor place with walking distance 3 minutes to promenade for the same amount of money

but there again, if you're person who likes to be close to the action or LKF, you can't beat hk island
    Last edited by imparanoic; 09-06-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast