2 months rental - serviced appartments?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 months rental - serviced appartments?

My family of 4 are planning to visit Hong Kong during Jul-Aug 09. Any accommodation suggestion? Budget around US1K+-/month.

Joey

I think you might struggle on that budget for anywhere serviced.

What is the fair market price? Horizon suite hotel HK$6800? Is this real? Thanks

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by hkvisitor:
    What is the fair market price? Horizon suite hotel HK$6800? Is this real? Thanks

Joey
    The lowest advertised prices are always 'from' and usually relate to an apartment which would not be able to accomodate 4 people.

If you don't mind staying away from the centre of HK you could try contacting the Silvermine bay hotel at Mui Wo on Lantau Island, I believe they do monthly deals, which may be a bit closer to, although I doubt within, your budget and Mui Wo is (in my opinion)lovely...is a 30-45 minute ferry ride to HK Island though

It's possible that Gold Coast will do something - I know they do serviced appts and you can rent for short (ie monthly) periods. Not sure of the current prices - when I looked last year a nice 3 bed furnished and serviced appt was 21k per month so it's possible there are 2 bed deals available - you never know. See Hong Kong Gold Coast Residences

Yeah, Gold Coast has monthly serviced units, but from $14k. they're not bad, but more than your budget. and the $14k variety, the second bedroom only has a single bed.

Horizon suites - the $6.8k units are never available. I went to have a look at the facilities, and the staff said the only availability was over $14k, which seems to be their sales tactics. they refused to show me the gym and other facilities unless i signed a lease - which I thought was a bit stupid, and advised them that in not so nice words.

Another option is Royal View Suites in Ting Kau/Tsuen Wan. a studio is affordable on your budget, but a 2br unit is about $18k i think.

unless you sign a long term lease, i doubt you will find a unit in that budget.

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    . they refused to show me the gym and other facilities unless i signed a lease - which I thought was a bit stupid, and advised them that in not so nice words.
    really??! haha, maybe they had something to hide...

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    really??! haha, maybe they had something to hide...
    Such as they didn't actually have any facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:

Another option is Royal View Suites in Ting Kau/Tsuen Wan. a studio is affordable on your budget, but a 2br unit is about $18k i think.
    I stayed there for 6 weeks before we moved into the boat - the second bedroom in the suite was also only a single bed. Possibility of turning the sofa in the living room into a bed I think, but not sure.

Re gold coast - I think some people have found those prices to be a little negotiable... and I can confirm that they do at least have EXCELLENT facilities. (The Royal View is also very good, but much more 'hotel like' rather than 'home like' so it depends on what you want.)

Guys

aren't we forgetting the fact that the budget is around $1000 u.s which translate at current prices to $7700 hk a month and thats for 4 people during peak season.

Even a guest house such as Guest Houses Info - Star Guest House

Charges $550 hk a night for a triple room which is the largest they have.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast