Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LongwellGreen
  • 1 Post By shri

Working Holiday Visa Help!

Closed Thread

Working Holiday Visa Help!

Hi

I am moving to Hong Kong in August and plan to obtain a working holiday visa. I have had conflicting information as to whether this allows me to enter and leave HK just once or any amount of times before the visa expires after one year. I wonder if anyone has had this visa and know whether I can travel out of HK without the visa automatically expiring?

You need to apply for the WHV before you leave your home country.

You cannot apply for it once you are in Hong Kong.

Hi, I have already applied for this. I just wanted to know whether the visa allows me to enter and leave HK whenever I want (for example to return home, or travel to another country on holiday) during the duration of the 1 year visa? Or whether it expires if I were to leave.

You actually can apply for it while you're in HK, as I did and it was fine. And yes, you can enter and leave Hong Kong during your WHV. You have the right to live in Hong Kong for one year, so you can enter and leave whenever during that year.

wtbhotia and HKtostay like this.

@markmcerlane - you can leave and enter as many times as you want while you're on the visa. It is not a "Single Entry" visa.

HKtostay likes this.