Like Tree2Likes

Intro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intro

Hi,

Moving to hk in September as part of an inter group transfer.

27 and work for a csp/tsp firm.

Moving from the Isle of Man. Any other manxies here?

Busy reading through all the topics here and will shout up if any questions.

Kind regards

Seb

Welcome to the forums ... just avoid topics related to the weather and you'll do fine.

Hi guys. I am male from Southern Africa and moved into Hong KOng 3 months ago. Looking for friends to hang out with after work. am in my early fifties. Any bar where those from Southern Africa normally mix and mingle in HK

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymanx:
    Hi,

Kind regards

Seb
    Guess you are in a similar boat to me, when i moved here.

Not a manx but a Guern. Same industry. I know of one Manx here i think

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymanx:
    Hi,

Kind regards

Seb
    your more likely to find more Manx Cats in HK than manxies considering Island of Manx population has probably never exceeded 100,000

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    your more likely to find more Manx Cats in HK than manxies considering Island of Manx population has probably never exceeded 100,000
    You say that but the population of Guernsey hasn't broken 70,000 and I know of at least 6 other Guerns living in Hong Kong.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    You say that but the population of Guernsey hasn't broken 70,000 and I know of at least 6 other Guerns living in Hong Kong.
    thanks for the info

Just wondering , do you class Jersey people as Guerns? also is Jersey and Guersey still VAT free?

thanks for the info

Just wondering , do you class Jersey people as Guerns? also is Jersey and Guersey still VAT free?
    No way! They are called Crapauds

Guernsey is VAT Free, i don't pay much attention to what goes on in Crapaud land.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    No way! They are called Crapauds

Guernsey is VAT Free, i don't pay much attention to what goes on in Crapaud land.
    didn't know there so much rivalry between the channel islands, does this boil over in football matches ( assuming there are professional teams there) and other sporting events between the channel islanders

didn't know there so much rivalry between the channel islands, does this boil over in football matches ( assuming there are professional teams there) and other sporting events between the channel islanders
    Yes, the annual football muratti vase match is a huge rivalry. Also we just won gold in the Island games recently, which was held in Jersey!

There are no professional teams, Guernsey FC play in the Ryman South but Jersey do not play in the English league system in football. They do however have a handy rugby team who play in the second tier nationally.
    imparanoic likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast