Like Tree2Likes

King sized bed?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

King sized bed?

Hi, does anyone have a sense for how hard it is to find a 2+ bedroom apartment where the master bedroom can comfortable fit a king sized mattress / bed? If anyone has any specific building recommendations, that would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

check if it fits in the elevator or take a good walk

Sorry, to be more specific, really thinking about anywhere on HK Island, preferably mid-Levels and Kennedy Town or Happy Valley/Tai Hang or Repulse Bay/South Bay. But would consider Taikoo Shing/North Point too. Ideally looking for something <50k.

I'm asking because I have seen a few apts and am surprised at how small the master bedrooms are. Most of the listings online I see are around 800-1100 net sq ft at that price range. I'm guessing an 800 sq ft 3 bedroom won't fit a king sized bed, but not sure if a 1000 sq ft apt would either. And when I say fit comfortable, my frame of reference is NYC apartments where you have bed, night stands on both side, dresser, desk and still room to walk in the room.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The two-bedroomed apartments (1300sf gross) at Parkview can I think.

Regent Palisades in Pokfulam possibly.

The two-bedroomed ones at Shouson Hill Road.

Basically start with older buildings of 1,000+sf net with two bedrooms.

Can't comment on the lift sizes though, which may be an issue if the base is one solid piece.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 29-07-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Also, check gohome.com.hk - they have floor layouts of a lot of properties.

You can Google search centadata then enter the building name and find details. But most do not have dimensions. Usually if you are over 800 square feet net you can fit a king. But the question is, do you want side tables, do you want more room. 1000+ you can likely fit side tables.

A lot of the older properties can fit a king size bed.

Go for a conversion - ie three bedrooms into two. Look for buildings that have flats with very few bedrooms - eg 800 sq feet with one bedroom - St Joan Court on MacDonnell Road. Or look at buildings with large flats - eg Jolly Villa on Tai Hang Road - 1500 sq ft with 3 bedrooms can fit king with sides - someone was renting a break lease for $52k.

Avoid buildings that have 4 bedroom flats unless the flats are at least 2000 sf - eg Illuination Terrace in Tai Hang have incredibly small bedrooms since they are 1000 sf with 4 bedrooms.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast