Any Hong Kong Headhunters on here for Teaching English Jobs?

Any Hong Kong Headhunters on here for Teaching English Jobs?

Hi,

I am from Toronto, Canada, and I am looking for a teaching English job that will sponsor me. I will be leaving to Hong Kong in January 2009. I might be able to get a dependent visa from my CBC boyfriend. CBC boyfriend is only getting a Hong Kong ID from his Hong Kong born mother. He will only have 3 stars

If any headhunters can get back to me asap, that would be great

Firstly, I don't think you can get a visa thru a boyfriend unless you are married sorry -HK rules...also I suggest you
    have a look at the Govt EDB site for NET jobs or inSCMP local newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tash1234:
    Hi,

I am from Toronto, Canada, and I am looking for a teaching English job that will sponsor me. I will be leaving to Hong Kong in January 2009. I might be able to get a dependent visa from my CBC boyfriend. CBC boyfriend is only getting a Hong Kong ID from his Hong Kong born mother. He will only have 3 stars

If any headhunters can get back to me asap, that would be great

Try Hong Kong British Council

I might be able to get a dependent visa from my CBC boyfriend.
    You cannot get a dependent visa unless you are married

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.napoleonski:
    Try Hong Kong British Council
    My understanding always has been you either have to take their course on teaching English or have studied English and teaching at the university level with degrees to match.

First, what qualifications do you have to teach English? Besides being a native speaker.

Second, There are tons of agents who work for schools and tutorial centers: I would start with looking at jobs here on geoexpat and then begin sending your resume directly to centers as well.
    Last edited by Alby; 12-10-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Headhunters don't usually waste their time on small potatoes like English teachers... They're a dime a dozen, easy to find and cheap to employ.

Better look on websites, newspaper adds etc...

Thanks to everyone who replied

That is a possibility to marry my boyfriend

To answer some of your questions, Im a native English speaker, graduated from York University with the kinesiology and health science degree, graduated from the travel and tourism at Centennial college, TEFL certified, CPR certified, Tutoring experience, babysitting experience and was a assistant kindergarten teacher

would you like to work in mainland China instead of HongKong?

Thanks to everyone who replied

That is a possibility to marry my boyfriend

To answer some of your questions, Im a native English speaker, graduated from York University with the kinesiology and health science degree, graduated from the travel and tourism at Centennial college, TEFL certified, CPR certified, Tutoring experience, babysitting experience and was a assistant kindergarten teacher

Try Search Associates

They have a recruiting fair at Chinese Intl School mid Jan 2009.

Last edited by timklip; 15-12-2008 at 01:47 PM.