Like Tree11Likes

Moving to Hong Kong in 3 weeks

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well actually we are suppose to be discussing apartments with a budget of $15k, of which both Harbour Green and Hampton place can be ruled out.

I still go with jmbf's original idea of Park Summit, Park Ivy etc, Almost equal distance from Olympic but just on the other 'older' side of MTR. Lots of gentrification going on in this area lately, new buildings and shops popping up all the time.

jmbf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    We're not challenging this statement.
    We're discussing if Hampton Place is "15 mins walk" from the MTR station.
    MandM didn't just say 15 mins - he gave a range 10-15 mins. I'd agree that 15 mins is too long but 10 mins would be close to the mark if you consider door-to-station entrance walking time. Why don't you time yourself tonight and let us know?
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    MandM didn't just say 15 mins - he gave a range 10-15 mins. I'd agree that 15 mins is too long but 10 mins would be close to the mark if you consider door-to-station entrance walking time. Why don't you time yourself tonight and let us know?
    Will do

Will do
    Alright no speed walking or running

I live there and it's 500meters literally to the MTR. How is this a 15 minutes walk?
    See, I said HK was not fast paced

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    Alright no speed walking or running
    Door to platform. As per rules, not walking on escalators.
    jmbf and hullexile like this.

Door to platform. As per rules, not walking on escalators.
    I bet you pushed the door close button on the old lady too!

Agreed. Park ivy is cheaper but you need to walk a bit further and its super small studios. So guess it depends on what the OP wants. Most people end up spending more than they originally intended to anyway when they come to HK.

HG is high quality, excellent facilities, spacious and easy to MTR. HP is OK as some units have beautiful seaviews. But it is a Cheong Kong development and imo, HG is worth the extra money.

Glad no one is pushing Tung Chung! Which is probably what OP will end up posting as the result. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    I bet you pushed the door close button on the old lady too!
    I wanted to, but there was an old man that was already furiously pushing the close button
    MandM! likes this.

Hello rK,I'be been living in Tsing Yi.For your situation(stay for short period,provided full furniture ,no need signing up complicated contracts ,rent for $15000),I suggest two options:

1.living in village house
    2.service apartment

Advantages:near MTR,supermarket ,some shops

hope it helps