What to do with my husband ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to do with my husband ?

Thought the title might get some attention ! But the request is easier My company is relocating me to HKG and my husband is wondering what he will do while Im at work. We are older...he has just got early retirement. Any advice much appreciated.

Volunteer at one of the many NGO's ... they are always seeking skill set

is he handy? Crossroads.org is always looking for people to do physical labour (basic plumbing/electrical etc.) and you can spend days, weeks or months there...

He can relax and continue his early retirement! He can get into hiking and simply exploring HK. To keep his mind ticking over he should volonteer whatever skills he has at a charity.

Yup Voluntary work is the way to go as after a while he will get bored after he's done the exploring HK bit.

If he would to 'volunteer' to my job whilst I take a few weeks off to do as little as possible I am sure it could be arranged!

Thanks all. Yes he is happy to volunteer...whats NGO ? No he isnt handy at all ! But he thought about teaching ...he has done that in the past. ....suspect he will have to get familiar with HKG first !

NGO = Non Government Organisation

My hubby sub-contracts as a consultant. He works with people he worked with back home and new people here (mostly thru the company I work for). If your hubby has skills people need he can do this part time to keep busy and get out and about the rest of the time. If he is religious there are many church groups here that volunteer (so I hear) - if he's not then steer clear of crossroads because apparently they are very happy clappy.....!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    If he is religious there are many church groups here that volunteer (so I hear) - if he's not then steer clear of crossroads because apparently they are very happy clappy.....!
    That isn't my experience with Crossroads to be honest, although I've only volunteered there for a few days loading containers. Yes, the organisers are, I suspect, of the happy clappy variety, but I've never felt that being imposed on the place. There's no overt religion around their site, and no religious messages attached to their shipments. I see no religious stuff on their website.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast