Like Tree21Likes

Moving to Quarry Bay, Nervous!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

With all the replies here I think I have got to know that MTR wont take long, apartments are not airy and are small. I need to look if the building is old or new and if at all furnished.
    That is lot of info to start with, rest I think I will be able to judge/see once Im there.
    Stay blessed you all.

There are some agents now who only charge the landlord the half month rent and the tenant nothing.

I think there two fundamental points that you should amend in your plans

1) consider the MTR. It's clean, efficient, fast and opens your choices tremendously

2) give yourself more than a few days before you lock in an apartment. That way you will very quickly experience all the points mentioned here about travel distances, type of apartments, what they do and don't have, etc

So I would rather arrive 2 weeks or 1 month early, live in a crammed but affordable place until you have locked something in and move properly. The long term gains on this approach are substantial so it's worth the initial discomfort.

For affordable places that suit you, don't go to East hotel or so as suggested (expensive for a whole month) but consider guesthouses listed on Hadla.gov.hk for affordable hostels or something like the ibis hotel in North point. I remember they used to have a 10k/month deal going some time ago

That seems a very wise option but that ways I will have to eat out until we find a place and cook ourselves. considering that we are vegeterians, it would be tough to find meals three times a day. Is it possible t resolve this thing?

absolutely possible. tons of indian restaurants in HK, all have vegetarian options

plus i know that some of the hadla guesthouses also have little cooking niches available

Hitesh5156 likes this.

Thanks cookie, I went to hadla website but could not understand much about it.

I browsed the website, found some great holiday guesthouses...thanks man.

Office of the Licensing Authority - Hotels/ Guesthouses look here

the only issue is the check each guesthouse separately to ensure the quality
    Hitesh5156 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitesh5156:
    Stu79, when you say 3g unlimited, does it mean 3g unlimited or 3g cap with 2g unlimited ?
    Don't think there is any cap - I have this plan and it works fine for everything I use, including video streaming, youtube etc.
    Hitesh5156 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4