Might be moving back to HK, pending Job Pet import question

Might be moving back to HK, pending Job Pet import question

I am living in Korea at the moment, but wanting to return to HK. I have a small dog here and need to bring her with me to HK. I was very disappointed when I saw South Korea is on the list with high rabies infection rate and need a 4 month quarantine. For some reason I thought it was the same as bringing a dog from the states but I was wrong. Has anyone here made the jump from Korea to Hong Kong with pets. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. I don't like the idea of my dog spending 4 months in a animal management center but its expensive and not the best Idea to send her to the states to live 6 months so she can then be imported to HK without quarantine. Giving her up is not an option.

So anyone had any experience with pet quarantine in HK?

Thanks

Haven't heard of any stories from people moving pets from Korea. From the states, you can get the proper documents from the vet and local government saying the dog is healthy, able to travel and rabies free, chip implanted. Then you can take your dog home the same day as arrival.

Not sure if coming from Korea would change that or not.

There are agencies who can help you with the process. Trying to figure it out by yourself is a bit of a headache but possible. If you mess something up, Paws will be waiting for 4 months for you.

Thanks for the reply, Yeah I was working in HK but thought I needed a changed and took a job here. Korea is not my cup of tea lets say. I adopted a maltese while I was here, so that makes things difficult. I already have a maltese in the states with my parents and almost brought her to HK before so I know its a lot easier from the states but wondering how bad it is if my dog has to stay in one of the animal management centers for quarantine for 4 months. The conditions, costs etc. Thanks

Someone on here should be able to chime in and help. Contact an agency and find out if it is possible to bypass quarantine. That would make things easier.