Moving with pregnant wife..pls help

Closed Thread

Question Moving with pregnant wife..pls help

Hi all ..I will be moving with my pregnant wife to HK on 1st May. Really need to get the accommodation sorted.
    1) what do you think is better , serviced apartments or furnished apartment or vacant flat ? We are looking for 2 or 3 room place. What budget should we think if we decide to stay either around Kennedy town or Olympic ?
    2) can you please suggest few names of gynecologists or some thread which we can check.. Also I understand public hospitals are good in HK.
    3) what is general deposit for flat , can that be negotiated ?
    4) what are montly general range for utilities like water, gas and electricity ?

For Gynecologists and other pregnancy help, please check Geobaby ( sister site)
    Service apartment will be better for you, until you find a doctor and hospital sorted out.
    Renting a flat, will require 3.5 months of rent.
    Water, electricity and gas should not cost more than HK$2,000 per month,

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    For Gynecologists and other pregnancy help, please check Geobaby ( sister site)
    Service apartment will be better for you, until you find a doctor and hospital sorted out.
    Renting a flat, will require 3.5 months of rent.
    Water, electricity and gas should not cost more than HK$2,000 per month,
    Thank you oldtimer. If you know , any suggestions for serviced apartments for 2 bhk ? I checked Manhattan heights at Kennedy town buts it's beyond our budget. I am looking something by 20-25k per month.

HK Traveller, I was reading a magazine that advertised serviced apartments but I need to wait until Monday before I can go back to the office to look. Gynaes - International Drs Limited in Central. Dr Robert Stevenson is excellent and highly recommended.

20-25 K per month, I recommend you search the New Territories for that budget or the outlying islands like Lantau. Yes, there is a hospital on Lantau, Lai King also is not so expensive for rent and you are near a good public hospital, unless you are covered for private. Avoid Square Foot, look for Midlands, Knight Frank et al, or just take a walk around and look hard, be choosy as you can because the market is low at the moment.

I'm currently looking at apartments too... I've seen some at Olympic 2 bed furnished between 18-20k/month.

Thanks for all reverts