Like Tree2Likes

New Expat

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    "I just want to know what its like to be there and how the business industry is."

It's very nice to be here, but fake people are recognised almost instantly, especially in the business industry. We even have extra apostrophes in case you require them. Here are a few. ''''
    and what is that suppose to mean?

I am not in that industry but I would have thought a lack of Cantonese is going to make things difficult especially in a tough business environment as now. The HR in HK is very different to the UK so I think that area would be tough. Generally to get an employment visa you need to show you have some qualities a local does not possess. Sorry to sound negative but I think you may struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by chloewright89:
    and what is that suppose to mean?
    Ignore him, the grammar police.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Ignore him, the grammar police.
    Study says those who call out grammatical errors are in fact scientifically 'jerks' - SFGate

I know an American working in HR. He doesn't speak any Cantonese. He has 7 years of work experience in other parts of China though. He finds it alright in Hong Kong.

I think you are going to find it difficult to adjust in Hong Kong as well. The vibe you are carrying is different from everyone else. It is very easy to tell. Maybe it's because they have spent a considerable amount of time in Hong Kong.

It doesn't hurt to spend longer time to make a decision

Last edited by laidback chap; 08-04-2016 at 08:42 AM.