Like Tree2Likes

Turkey to Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Turkey to Hong Kong

Hi fellow,

This is the first time i left a post here.
    I am planning to move to Hong Kong, But I have no idea for find a job here.
    I searched carrier about Jockey club - Horses attendance and HK archery club - Archery Coach . But I am still waiting for their feed back.

Just wanna know is there anyone from Turkey? Or can anyone give me some advice?

I will be highly appreciate for your help~!!

Thank you so much.

What skill do you have that local HK people don't have? This is what you'll need to prove to get a visa and private companies won't hire someone they can't get a visa for. So answer that question first and we can help.

I am hostler in Turkey now, I can speak fluent German and Turkish.
    I worked in a travel agency as greater/assistant for 1 year.
    and also I am a professional Archery coach in Turkey too.

Are these skills would help?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The official languages of Hong Kong are Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese) and English. German might be useful for a language teacher. Do you have degree and teaching experience?

Working in a travel agency is not an "in-need skill"; there are plenty of local people who can do this.

An archery coach might be a recognised skill, particularly if you competed internationally for your country. Whether there are openings for an archery coach is another matter.

The Hong Kong Sports Institute might be one contact point, although I don't see archery listed under either Tier A or Tier B: http://www.hksi.org.hk/

How old are you and what is your gender? If you'd prefer me to PM that's fine. I'm possibly looking for a femal au pair with German language skills.

I think there was a thread a while back about hiring au pairs into HK and that it doesn't work as they come under the GEP visa category. Au pairs traditionally work for room and board and some pocket money. Someone was going to try to hire a nanny with specific language skills under the GEP - anyone know if that worked?

Someone told me they come under the Working Holiday Visa if they are citizens of certain countries. If this Turkish person is the right age and a citizen of Germany (as some Turks are given immigration) then that's a possibility. They have to change jobs every 3 months but get to stay in HK for a year.

Fiona in HKG and babekarena like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Someone told me they come under the Working Holiday Visa if they are citizens of certain countries. If this Turkish person is the right age and a citizen of Germany (as some Turks are given immigration) then that's a possibility. They have to change jobs every 3 months but get to stay in HK for a year.
    True. Germany have a very low quota (300). I'm processing one at the moment from Australia and as it's my first, am interested to see how it goes. Interestingly they quote a two-week processing time

Good luck if this will work for you and the OP

Red face

Hello,
    I am very thankful for all of your help!!
    I am now 22 years old, am I was born in Germany. I passed the A2 of German test. I will have B2 German exam soon. And I think I could ask about the immigration centre of Germany for information about my passport. I hope I could come to Hong Kong more easily!
    Thank you once again!

Quote Originally Posted by babekarena:
    I am hostler in Turkey now, I can speak fluent German and Turkish.
    Quote Originally Posted by babekarena:
    Hello,
    I am very thankful for all of your help!!
    I am now 22 years old, am I was born in Germany. I passed the A2 of German test. I will have B2 German exam soon.
    Having passed an A2 level exam does not make you fluent in a language. That's still baby stuff. Come back and say you're fluent when you've passed C1/C2.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast