Like Tree53Likes

What to stock up on?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripsearching:
    I also wish I could get boars head cold cuts.
    Presumably at a pinch yoiu could go and catch/butcher your own? No shortage of boars here.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsearching:
    In general, I miss Whole Foods more than almost anything from home. The Supermarkets here don't compare.
    Ah Whole Foods, oh how I miss you. And Waitrose. Oh Waitrose with its proud ethical stance and wonderful fruit and vegetables that taste how they should. And no durian stink, imagine that
    angeluscomplex likes this.

There are actually quite a lot of Waitrose products in ParknShop, at least in the expat areas. I regularly buy Ardennes pate, olives, and a few other items from their range.

Quote Originally Posted by dentarthurdent:
    There are actually quite a lot of Waitrose products in ParknShop, at least in the expat areas. I regularly buy Ardennes pate, olives, and a few other items from their range.
    Yup, lots of Waitrose stuff in PnS.
    Not long ago my local PnS had some themed sections by country. So there was an Italian section with pasta, German section with a selection of sausages, Japanese section with ramen and sesame sauces.

The British section was made up entirely of Waitrose stuff: Waitrose pasta, Waitrose brie, Waitrose spaghetti sauce, Waitrose pizza...

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Genuinely interested . What type of UK food products can't be found here?
    The object of my post was not to discuss what can and can't be found in HK. But I do appreciate you offering your services on sourcing items in HK, maybe I can pick your brains at a future date

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark:
    The British section was made up entirely of Waitrose stuff: Waitrose pasta, Waitrose brie, Waitrose spaghetti sauce, Waitrose pizza...
    pasta, brie, spaghetti sauce, pizza - quintessential British fare
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bugaboo:
    The object of my post was not to discuss what can and can't be found in HK. But I do appreciate you offering your services on sourcing items in HK, maybe I can pick your brains at a future date

pasta, brie, spaghetti sauce, pizza - quintessential British fare
    That's either, quite funny or very sad, if folks these days equate the above as anything but, British...

UPDATE!

We just received our shipment today, no problems with customs and everything arrived as we packed it.

Foodstuffs packed:
    - Hot Sauces
    - Coffee (beans and ground)
    - Teas
    - GF Flours, crackers
    - Canned food

(The only things I really wanted was the hot sauces and coffee as they weren't available here, but by the time they packed I was like...sure chuck it all in the box)

Also worth noting, we had toiletries and medications packed too.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Are these some very specific hot sauces? I know several restaurants around town that have quite a selection...

Ditto coffee. Really? You must be able to find 100 different varieties here.

Serious firstworld problem time!

Quote Originally Posted by dentarthurdent:
    Ditto coffee. Really? You must be able to find 100 different varieties here
    yes but the prices are crazy!
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Awww boohoo. Thank the internet because without it you could not be an expat person. And why is there a problem with customs? Are you just arriving here or can not read the relevant website?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast