Like Tree6Likes

Work in Tsuen Wan, looking to rent in Cheung Sha Wan area Vs others?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Work in Tsuen Wan, looking to rent in Cheung Sha Wan area Vs others?

Hi there,
    I am moving to HK (again), lived and worked there few years ago but on the HK island hence not familiar with Kowloon/NT current trend.

Will be on my own (Chinese male) so don't need big space (300--400 sqf net is plenty), but need an enclosed kitchen though (not open kitchen). Balcony with open view would be nice.

Been looking at Olympic area (because of sea view and convenience to airport express, as travel once a month), but worry the the mad commute at the interchange Lei Kin during rush hours. Hence is now looking at newish buildings (less than 15 years or so) near Cheung Sha Wan/Lai chi kok MTR.

Budget:
    13k-15k for 250-300 sqf 1 bedroom (prefer no studio). Any one living in One Madison/ one NY? Is that doable? Prominence/ residence 228

Will push for 17-18k for 2 bedroom, with balcony and some sea view. Any idea which building is doable in the area with that budget? The Sparkle/ Banyan Garden/ Residence 288/ Aquamarine /Pacifica?

Any direct bus services from the area to Tsuen Wan MTR? Not the F1 racing style mini van :-) but the normal buses.

Most importantly, is Cheung Sha Wan an ok area to live? I don't need western food but some nice pubs with working distance would be nice.

Thanks a million!

P/S: Have ruled out Metro Harbour view because if the funeral parlour :-(

I live at Pacifica

Plenty of western places in the area at D2 and D2'2
    We have salted pig and Holly Browns etc.

No pubs here as such, No demand for it.
    As an Area it's perfectly fine.

imparanoic likes this.

Hi Jimbo, what's the going rental rate for Pacifica for a one or 2 bedroom apt? Any direct bus to Tsuen Wan?

Do you think it's a better area than Olympic ?

Thanks,
    Ian

Original Post Deleted
    Lol yeah tell me about it!

Left and came back as had to wait to approval for wife's UK spouse visa, That was approved last week and finally off in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian323:
    Hi Jimbo, what's the going rental rate for Pacifica for a one or 2 bedroom apt? Any direct bus to Tsuen Wan?

Do you think it's a better area than Olympic ?

Thanks,
    Ian
    Going rate for a two bedroom is $16k a month.
    No point in getting a bus as we're right above the MTR and have our own exit.

It's quieter than Olympic.

Then live in Tsuen Wan or Sham Tseng, plenty of options close to work. CSW is nice but nothing that stands out there. Olympic is also nice and a bit more convenient I think for food.

Hi Jimbo, can you advise the best block/unit in Pacifica (with quieter balcony/sea view)?

Cheers

Hi MnM,

Do you know if interchange at
    "Lei King" is as mad as "Admiralty" in the morning going to Tsuen Wan direction from Olympic? Do you have to go to different level of the platform to change the train or just walk across to the other side of the platform?.

Which building in Olympic will fit in my budget of 17k? With sea view and balcony?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian323:
    Hi Jimbo, can you advise the best block/unit in Pacifica (with quieter balcony/sea view)?

Cheers
    Not many have balcony or sea view
    You're looking at blocks 6 and 7 but that overlooks shamshing road which could be a bit noisy as it's a busy road and it's got a school on the other side

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast