Like Tree4Likes

Unacceptable problems with FedEx delivery, are other shipping companies better?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I get packages every month, and unfortunately they are very time-sensitive. It just makes no sense that a company will say "we'll deliver within X window of time", not deliver it during X window, and give you no way to contact the driver at any point during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    never had problems with the big firms, just wait until you have package from local courier haha
    We deliver several hundred packages a month through Ta-Q-Bin. Rarely ever get a complaint about them. May be 1 in about 500-600 deliveries.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shivanfire:
    (3) FedEx drivers refuse to leave packages at your door, even in secured buildings.
    I always yell at the driver to send it the fuck back then. Suddenly he can leave it at the door.
    Sith likes this.

I'd second DHL - never had an issue with them over maybe a dozen inbound. And their outbound dropoff point at Admiralty MTR is convenient for me too.

The SF Express residential area surcharge has put me right of them unless it is very clear that the sender has already paid it.

Quote Originally Posted by dentarthurdent:
    The SF Express residential area surcharge has put me right of them unless it is very clear that the sender has already paid it.
    Which is part of their scam- I've contacted small scale sellers a couple of times for various reasons and have mentioned the issue of additional delivery charges and they have absolutely no idea that the charges exist.

I think what happens is they use a courier service in their home country, and it's handed off to SF Express for the local portion as they are the cheapest option. The reason they're cheap is because they do shit like add 'residential' charges, or use public space (roads and sidewalks) to sort their boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Serious #firstworld rant..

DHL is by far the best. But Murphy's law applies...

But not like you'd have options when getting deliveries from overseas companies.
    DHL works and will leave stuff with my front desk however, their website tracking isn't accurate. Just earlier this week I tracked a package from USA that was scheduled for Wed delivery. Out of the blue, I get a call from the driver on Monday morning asking if I'll be home and he'll be there in an hour.