Like Tree25Likes

Commuting to Airport/Cathay City.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Commuting to Airport/Cathay City.

Hi all

Would appreciate some advice on places to live so its easy commute to the airport/cathay city. I will be working as a pilot so I am aware of tung chung, discovery bay and possibly gold coast. I don't have any plans to buy a car in the near future and just wondering how good public transport is to the airport area from these locations keeping in mind I will probably be working some anti social hours. Also open to locations other than the above three.

My Budget is max 25k a month.

Any advice will be highly appreciated thank you!

4 letters....

T A X I during the ' anti social ' hours as you call them.

Tierra Verde in Tsing Yi ( a MTR Corp managed high rise ) might be ok for you in regard to transport connections, ( Airport Xpress) and it is situated a lift ride down to Maritime Square, makes it convenient for retail and food shopping.

Not as expatty as gold coast or db but there has always been a sprinkling of young right seat guys living there over the years.

Last edited by Skyhook; 16-10-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    newxpat, chuckster007 and Titus like this.

How long do you want to commute is the main question, if you hate long commutes especially after a tiring flight then stick with Tung Chug, its right next door

Or look at the night bus locations

Citybus & NWFB - Members of NWS Holdings - Cityflyer Route

Hong Kong International Airport

Titus likes this.

Try south Lantau. Mui Wo, Cheung Sha, Tong Fuk, Shui Hau are populated with airport workers. There are busses that depart from these villages, particularly the A35 Airport bus. Most of my former neighbours worked at the airport. ( yes, We lived in South Lantau....but my husband was not a pilot, he just flew a hell of a lot for his job, hence why we moved closer but did not want to live in Tung Chung. )

newxpat likes this.

Thanks for the reply chuckster007. I dont mind a 35-40 minute commute.

You could have a look at Ma Wan/ Park Island. Shuttle bus (every half hour from 6am to 12am) stops st Cathay City and airport. 30 minutes commute to airport. If too early for bus or too late then a taxi is option (20 minutes) or shuttle bus to tsing yi station.

newxpat and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    How long do you want to commute is the main question, if you hate long commutes especially after a tiring flight then stick with Tung Chug, its right next door

Or look at the night bus locations

Citybus & NWFB - Members of NWS Holdings - Cityflyer Route

Hong Kong International Airport
    Second that, there's a surprising amount of bus routes all over the city direct to the airport. If you commute early or just outside of rush hours those buses are usually quiet.

That or look at the areas with stations on red, orange or even purple lines.

http://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/en/services/routemap.pdf
    newxpat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by newxpat:
    Hi all

Would appreciate some advice on places to live so its easy commute to the airport/cathay city. I will be working as a pilot so I am aware of tung chung, discovery bay and possibly gold coast. I don't have any plans to buy a car in the near future and just wondering how good public transport is to the airport area from these locations keeping in mind I will probably be working some anti social hours. Also open to locations other than the above three.

My Budget is max 25k a month.

Any advice will be highly appreciated thank you!
    It';s just you or you have family?
    Lifestyle (ie like a good party or prefer to stay home)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    It';s just you or you have family?
    Lifestyle (ie like a good party or prefer to stay home)?

That's a big big question!

If you are single and looking for a social-life, Central area (e.g. Mid-Levels) would be a good choice.

The A11/ E11 bus takes about 40 minutes from Central in my experience and you always have the Airport Express.
    newxpat likes this.

the one place in HK with good connections from all over the city is the airport, airport express might be too expensive to use daily, as @TeachHK mentioned airport buses, there are relatively cheap from all districts to the airport.

newxpat and jrkob like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast