Like Tree9Likes

Big 4 Senior Salary

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by naya1826:
    Hi all,

I am planing to internally transfer to our office in HK (I currently work at BIG 4). I am a 2nd year senior consultant at IT advisory practice and would like to know about expected salary range for my level. I would appreciate for all your answers
    40-50K for SC. I worked in Big4 before.

First of all you know the living standard in HK is high. Then in Hong Kong, PLEASE PLEASE remember that the salary is not worth exchanging your HEALTH.

No. of projects are more than no. of manpower because of high turnover. Your boss will be a Yes-man to accept every last minute requests from the clients, especially the existing clients have been "nurtured" to be extremely demanding, as they have large businesses in other areas being offered to the firm. It is always annoying to hear my former boss to commit the client that my work will be sent out "over the weekend" on every Friday.

If you are engaged in programming stuff, most of the management grade don't know system development cycle, and completely no manday concept for change request, testing and nursing estimation. And most likely it is very luxurious if you still have time to sleep at the night before the day of system demo to the client. Everything is in a mess under Hong Konger and you need to be very "agile".

My colleages moved from Canada, Britain, Australia, expressed the same feeling no matter how the previous working cultures they got.

Oppositely, because of the high turnover, if you can survive, you will get promoted quickly. Good luck.

Sounds like hell, no thank you...

East_coast likes this.