Like Tree1Likes

Budget for two !!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That makes sense then. South Lantau is nice, I agree. 60K should be doable.

depends on how much you have left over after 60k. if your total income is less than 80 or 90k, i would not do it. if your monthly income is over 100k, then go ahead.

I would never pay 2K to play golf! At that price, you're close to getting a weekend package for two rounds and hotel in China. At most, it's about 1K at Kau Sai Chau and a bit more as a guest in DB and with some of the private clubs, you can play for free in China or Macau if you get debentures. Of course, you still have to pay caddies, transport , food and cart if you take one. In my case, I usually go to Macau for about 400HKD for the day with no cart or caddie with the occasional game at KSC and DB.

Grumbler We would like to save at least 60K, otherwise as I said before its not worth it >

I would also imagine that you could easily cut your rent by almost half on Lantau. I know families that pay that amount for decent places on HK island.

Be sure to check the rent and bus fares there first. You will shop weekly in Tung Chung.

South Lantau would make sense for working at the airport, but dont discount Civilservant's suggestion of the area around Gold Coast (really, from Sham Tseng up to Tuen Mun) - lots of low rise, village areas, and MUCH better transport infrastructure than the South Lantau Road, both in terms of the actual roads themselves and in public transport.

There are also village areas outside of Tung Chung new town.

Make sure you do your research carefully and scout out each potential area. Village life isn't for everyone. Check internet access for starters.