Like Tree7Likes

UK TV Streaming

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I second TV Mucho, cheap, reliable & no need for contract. I've been using it since I arrived in March and no issues to report!

Original Post Deleted
    No clue who the user who started this thread is... unusual to see that account as "deleted". (honestly no clue why that acct was deleted)

Original Post Deleted
    Don't have any problems with Express VPN or Strong vpn. About 6 usd a month each but we'll worth it.

Original Post Deleted
    I've been using Express VPN for a while, after switching from Unblock-US. It's one of the more expensive VPNs, but you get what you pay for. I have had only 1 issue with iPlayer in the 10 or so months I have used it, this was very quickly fixed. The apps are good, and would definitely recommend. Works fine with Netflix also.
    TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes. I have it set on a second router using the device specific app they offer, but you can always do it manually as well.
    TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    One time effort to setup a VPN in a router with appropriate sofrawate. Ours has device specific routing so set-top boxes and smart speakers go through the vpn and rest through normal HK connectivity.
    kimwy66 and emx like this.

Hi all

Just bought a Ubox - can anyone help with how to watch UKTV? I'm using the native ubox app, and that seems to have just BBC1, SkyNews and BBC Lifestyle.

I downloaded the Kodi app, but am finding it a bit confusing, and can't figure out how to use this to watch UKTV. Am I being a bit stupid? Can anyone with a ubox help with steps on how to get a UK channel list?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Flapster:
    Hi all

Just bought a Ubox - can anyone help with how to watch UKTV? I'm using the native ubox app, and that seems to have just BBC1, SkyNews and BBC Lifestyle.

I downloaded the Kodi app, but am finding it a bit confusing, and can't figure out how to use this to watch UKTV. Am I being a bit stupid? Can anyone with a ubox help with steps on how to get a UK channel list?

Thanks!
    You can install Kodi addons like BBC iplayer, itv etc which will give you crystal clear 'official' streams (from BBC etc) which work really well. You can follow for example the guide below. But unfortunately in Hong Kong these don't work so easily, you will just get a black screen and the addon appears to not work and then you will think that Kodi and the addon are shit. But the trick is that you need to install a smartDNS on your home network first so that it appears as if you are inside the UK. I use Dns4me, a few dollars a month. But there are many other options out there.

Alternativaly, there are many 'unoffical' Kodi addon's out there as well. Some good, some bad. Different levels of quality and you may go crazy trying to get it to work. But give the 'Turk's playlist' (number 3 in the link below) a shot.

https://www.addictivetips.com/media-...channels-kodi/
    Flapster likes this.

Really helpful thanks.

Quite annoying that you need to pay an extra fee, I thought the Ubox would have it 'built in' - I specifically went for a box, as I thought that would negate the need for a monthly service (a la VPN).

Thanks