Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By orel100x
  • 1 Post By jay2665

How to get a HK phone number that forward to my US number?

Closed Thread

How to get a HK phone number that forward to my US number?

I currently live in US and looking to find a job again in HK. I don't think employers will call my US number if they want to get in touch with me. So I am trying to figure how I can get a HK number that forwards to my US number. I have a HK number that I kept ($18 HKD a month) just in case I go back and I called China Mobile but the only way I can set up international forwarding is if I activate it using my HK number which I don't have access now since I am in the US.

I did some research and see if I could get a new HK number that forwards to my US number but most of them charge around $15 monthly fee. Can anyone suggest any other cheaper options? Thank you.

Maybe try Skype number? If they support HK, that's all you need. You might get calls in the middle of the night however.

biffski likes this.

Just give whatsapp. Can be either HK or US number.

My thoughts are you'd most likely be contacted by email. And do you plan to answer the phone at 3am? Get a HK Skype number and use that. I don't answer my phone anyway if I don't recognise the number. Kind of expect an email or WhatsApp introduction before calling.

answerer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    My thoughts are you'd most likely be contacted by email. And do you plan to answer the phone at 3am? Get a HK Skype number and use that. I don't answer my phone anyway if I don't recognise the number. Kind of expect an email or WhatsApp introduction before calling.
    I find that quite a few would call and then follow up by email. I don't know why, maybe its quicker for them to call? Some call, ask a few questions or maybe clarify some details then say they will send all the job/interview etc. info in an email.

Interviewers tend to use Skype. This is just my experience with US recruiters. Cheaper for them to call you.

Skype will assign you local HK number and you can arrange call forwarding to any number. They also have a partnership with HKT that assigns numbers beginning with 8 to local residents as well.

for free, just use whatsapp or line instead
    maybe you can also have video call rather than a phone call. it is more convenient.

biffski likes this.