Like Tree12Likes

ESF vs Shrewsbury

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    At five years old... The system does not matter in my opinion. The management and the teachers matter more along with what is delivered to the students in terms of education.
    I would add parental involvement at this stage as well.

My 5 year old is at Nord Anglia Tai Tam campus. UK curriculum (from nursery age through to secondary). There are 6 other kids in his reception class...

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    My 5 year old is at Nord Anglia Tai Tam campus. UK curriculum (from nursery age through to secondary). There are 6 other kids in his reception class...
    You mean there are only 7 children in the class? Why is that?

Shrewsbury looks to be about 2x the cost of ESF and is at the far end of Tseung Kwan O, which is very likely to result in a long commute for one or more of the family.

It depends how long you're planning to stay and how much British Curriculum matters to you. A number of British families choose ESF over Kellet/Nord Anglia. Not being tied to a specific national curriculum results in a ESF student body that has quite a mix of cultures/backgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Riceball:
    You mean there are only 7 children in the class? Why is that?
    The Early Years campus only opened this academic year (the main school from year 1 onwards has been going for about 5 years).

plus there was some nimbyism about the original campus location, so they switched to two campuses, one at Sai Kung and the other in Tai Tam, so students split between the two as well I guess.

There are about 25 kids overall in his year at Tai Tam, split between the four classes. Compared to the UK, where he’d be in a class of around 25, it’s great!
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4