Like Tree39Likes

Advice on family friendly neighbourhoods

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    The corporate agents are rubbish. The one the company provided us offered 50% discount on agent fees but we got a bad deal on the rent so it didn't save us money in the end. Second time around we used a few more local agents and negotiated much harder.

The estate agent doesn't have much to do with the repairs though, usually the owner has their agent who handles those issues. This is not a person you will know in advance. In our case in two years the owner's agent has changed once already, my only interaction with this person is over WhatsApp.

We've had OK landlords but the do vary in quality. Really hard to know before you move in unless your agent is really on top of things and for whatever reason incentivized to be honest with you about if LL is rubbish.
    its quite overwhelming for me))

to summarise: not to go with corporate agents if we feel we could try with local ones?
    If we like the place, but want to repaint walls for example, before moving in, who should deal with this (if as you say we won't see the other agent in advance)? Such things should not be an issue for properties within our range...?

We we are planning to stay in service apartment for 4-6 weeks. Do you think it's enough time to find a permanent place and sort out any issues with property?

And another question: where to hire nanny/domestic helper apart from this site?

Original Post Deleted
    So chairs outside? Got it.

Original Post Deleted
    Ours literally only showed us big “expat” blocks and refused to negotiate. Told us owners will refuse low offers. Moved in and found out the local agent next door had loads of properties in the same building that were let cheaper.

Anyway just sharing my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Ours literally only showed us big “expat” blocks and refused to negotiate. Told us owners will refuse low offers. Moved in and found out the local agent next door had loads of properties in the same building that were let cheaper.

Anyway just sharing my experience.
    Wow, bad experience. Not ours though. Just finished working with two agents. Both very nice and thoughtful.

-overall air quality is the same everywhere, but you can make things better or worse for yourself depending on whether you'll need to be spending much time along busy roads breathing in car exhaust.

-I find that HK, overall, is very family-friendly. At least compared to other places I've lived (mostly US). Pretty much every HK neighborhood with a lot of people living there is going to have a ton of kids around, and a ton of grandparents too. Interactions btwn locals and westerners could vary a lot though.

-70K is a huge budget. enjoy. I really like our place, and wow is it cheaper than 70k. tbh i'm not even sure what I'd do w/that much to spend on rent.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    Wow, bad experience. Not ours though. Just finished working with two agents. Both very nice and thoughtful.
    Do you mind to share their contacts with me please? Thank you x

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw:
    -overall air quality is the same everywhere, but you can make things better or worse for yourself depending on whether you'll need to be spending much time along busy roads breathing in car exhaust.

-I find that HK, overall, is very family-friendly. At least compared to other places I've lived (mostly US). Pretty much every HK neighborhood with a lot of people living there is going to have a ton of kids around, and a ton of grandparents too. Interactions btwn locals and westerners could vary a lot though.

-70K is a huge budget. enjoy. I really like our place, and wow is it cheaper than 70k. tbh i'm not even sure what I'd do w/that much to spend on rent.
    We are happy NOT to spend so much on rent)) just has been told that the areas I listed above are within this range...

Quote Originally Posted by KNB:
    Do you mind to share their contacts with me please? Thank you x
    PMed you...

I have just googled properties within 60-70k monthly rent at Savills, urban, and HKproperties just to have idea what to expect for my budget and

Skyhook likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast