Like Tree6Likes

Moving to HK with a Dog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!
    Isn't it a bit cruel to bring a Husky to Hong Kong?
    Is it better to dump the dog in the country they are leaving, put it to sleep or ???? isnt that cruel also??

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    Is it better to dump the dog in the country they are leaving, put it to sleep or ???? isnt that cruel also??
    No, of course not. But if you have a Husky then Hong Kong is not for you, in my humble opinion.

These are arctic dogs and to make them suffer Hong Kong summers is a bit cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!
    No, of course not. But if you have a Husky then Hong Kong is not for you, in my humble opinion.

These are arctic dogs and to make them suffer Hong Kong summers is a bit cruel.
    As a dog owner myself, I agree with this to some extent. A responsible owner should have a dog that matches their lifestyle. Between living in Shanghai and now moving to to Hong Kong, you are choosing to live in a climate that is very uncomfortable for your dog most of the year. I understand that huskies are great looking but there are so many better options when considering where you have chosen to live. Additionally, adopt don't shop.

With that said, I have known huskies living in warm climates who still live great lives with responsible owners. Hong Kong is particularly tough though bc how/when do you excercise the dog when it's dangerously hot for this breed even overnight. This is in addition to the small apartments and overwhelming amount of people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2