Like Tree3Likes

Timing My Move (With Pets)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Danisa:
    I also want to bring my dog with me. I already have all health certificate for him in Germany, would it be possible to not doing all the check up again when in HK?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Danisa:
    I also want to bring my dog with me. I already have all health certificate for him in Germany, would it be possible to not doing all the check up again when in HK?
    Follow the procedures outlined here:

https://www.afcd.gov.hk/english/quar..._ipab_idc.html

You will need to have all health certificates completed within a specified time, and get all the documents certified by a government authority within a very narrow window before your departure, and ensure that you've cleared it all with the airline you are flying on. You may need to get another set of shots when you land, (my cat didn't, but a friend who brought his dog did), but you should be able to avoid the quarantine if you follow the steps. One thing I would make sure you do is get the import permit done first several weeks before you start the rest, as the health certificate validation and the airline bits need that permit in place before they will finalize the documents you need from them. I got a little unlucky in that my company submitted things a day late in a week that was followed by 2 public holidays and it ended up taking over 2 weeks to get the import permit finalized, by which time it was very close to our flight date and I had to scramble to get everything else done.