Like Tree16Likes

Living in Thailand ?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

thaivisa.com

Plenty of 30-40 sthg years old expat working in Thailand. Know many in the Finance/Insurance business (and hotel management)Like everywhere it has + and -. It wont help you if you a target a NYC/LDN/HKG/TOKYO kinda career but it's a place with lots of things going on (good and bad) and it cant hurt for a few years. Just make sure you don't go down the whole I f--k whatever...with whatever consequences it may have,,

IMO place is third world and one of the backwaters of Asia. I see no real upside for you going there. Even if compensated better you are making yourself unmarketable. Perhaps if this is your last job before retirement then it might be a good option. Aside from that I think you should pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Thailand is just too hot! I prefer places that has a break from summer heat!
    Depends where in Thailand. Chaing Rai is freezing in winter.
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    IMO place is third world and one of the backwaters of Asia. I see no real upside for you going there. Even if compensated better you are making yourself unmarketable. Perhaps if this is your last job before retirement then it might be a good option. Aside from that I think you should pass.
    What a load of crap. No more backward than many places. Several of the MNC's in my industry have their Asian Head Quarters in BKK - its certainly no more backward to move to one of them than to move to HK. But a lot nicer living environment. Thailand has a lot to offer - the North is cooler and mountainous, the south has all the beaches, the shopping and food are excellent. The traffic in BKK is dire, but the pollution better than HK. Cheap flights all over Asia. I know several expats who live there and love it.

I'd move to TH tomorrow for better environment and cheaper living.

Unfortunately, much lower salaries in my line of work. Way lower to justify the cheaper rent

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Depends where in Thailand. Chaing Rai is freezing in winter.
    I guess we all have a different definition of freezing, I would say it's pleasantly cool in the morning and evening. Average daytime high temperature in the winter are still above 25C

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    I'd love to see how you would describe Phnom Penh or Yangon if that's your opinion of BKK... Not that I would want to live in BKK but it's better than most or on par in SE Asia except maybe Singapore.
    HK_Katherine, gigglinggal and shri like this.

Cool

I just turned 32 a few months ago, it's still reasonable hahaI also think that Thailand has a lot to offer, we do not really have information about this country, but from what I have seen and heard, it is a must in Asia. I did not see myself staying longer in my current job, I honestly think it's the best option. For the geographic situation, my company is based in Phuket, which seems to me to be a pretty nice placeFor my move, I'm pretty lost .. I do my research on the internet, I try to find a company that offers good prices with good services, it is reliable and comprehensive. I ask a lot but the personal goods that I want to send in Thailand have a sentimental valueHow did you proceed for your move? do you have some tips?
    Thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvb:
    I just turned 32 a few months ago, it's still reasonable hahaI also think that Thailand has a lot to offer, we do not really have information about this country, but from what I have seen and heard, it is a must in Asia.
    Just hop on a plane and look around. Plenty of cheap flights. I would never consider moving without first visiting a place, call me old fashioned if you like.
    HK_Katherine likes this.