Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree16Likes

Living in Thailand ?

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvb
    I just turned 32 a few months ago, it's still reasonable hahaI also think that Thailand has a lot to offer, we do not really have information about this country, but from what I have seen and heard, it is a must in Asia. I did not see myself staying longer in my current job, I honestly think it's the best option. For the geographic situation, my company is based in Phuket, which seems to me to be a pretty nice placeFor my move, I'm pretty lost .. I do my research on the internet, I try to find a company that offers good prices with good services, it is reliable and comprehensive. I ask a lot but the personal goods that I want to send in Thailand have a sentimental valueHow did you proceed for your move? do you have some tips?
    Thank you for your help
    Thaivisa.com

  2. #22
    Mat
    Mat is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,604
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC
    IMO place is third world and one of the backwaters of Asia. I see no real upside for you going there. Even if compensated better you are making yourself unmarketable. Perhaps if this is your last job before retirement then it might be a good option. Aside from that I think you should pass.
    Depends totally which industry you are for working for.As for 3rd world - yes compare to NYC/LDN/TOKYO/PARIS etc it is 3rd world. But then compare to these cities. HK isn't quite first world too ;-)

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvb
    I just turned 32 a few months ago, it's still reasonable hahaI also think that Thailand has a lot to offer, we do not really have information about this country, but from what I have seen and heard, it is a must in Asia. I did not see myself staying longer in my current job, I honestly think it's the best option. For the geographic situation, my company is based in Phuket, which seems to me to be a pretty nice placeFor my move, I'm pretty lost .. I do my research on the internet, I try to find a company that offers good prices with good services, it is reliable and comprehensive. I ask a lot but the personal goods that I want to send in Thailand have a sentimental valueHow did you proceed for your move? do you have some tips?
    Thank you for your help
    >> we do not really have information about this country

    ?????? no information about Thailand? You can easily find everything all over the web regarding this country.

    As regards moving companies, I guess the best option is still to ask for quotations to several companies on the internet. Just fill in their online form, and you should get rates quickly.

    A good friend of mine has recently used a moving company for a relocation from KL to Bangkok. I can ask him which company he used and how it was...

    I'll get back to you soon if you want to, I'll let you know

  4. #24

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    299

    HK-Katherine is right
    we own a house in Chiangmai and it gets down to 7-8 deg C in winter but we were there for a sports event this month and it was 40 degC each day leading up to Songkran
    they had a big hailstorn event last year with pictures abounding of 'snow' on the ground
    Nearby Chiangmai is Doi Inthanon the highest place in Thailand and it gets below freezing there
    The cost of living is far cheaper than Hong Kong with medical and dental far far cheaper
    For example we hosted a group of 18 to a 9 course Thai meal in the River Market Chiangmai with 15 large beers and other drinks for
    HKD 3,000
    Phuket is (or at least was) the most niggling place with Thai immigration always looking for backhanders during visa renewal time


  5. #25

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    275

    Pharmaceutical industry in Phuket?
    How familiar are you actually with that firm? What’s your competency in that industry?
    You seem like more on an adventure than taking your work prospects seriously.


  6. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    香港
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by gigglinggal
    Pharmaceutical industry in Phuket?
    How familiar are you actually with that firm? What’s your competency in that industry?
    You seem like more on an adventure than taking your work prospects seriously.
    Who cares about work prospective when there are adventures to be had???? I'm being very serous here by the way!

    But yeah, a pharmaceutical in Phuket could be doing all sorts of "pharmaceutical" stuff...
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    275

    There’s not much legit going on, hence the cynicism

    Quote Originally Posted by orel100x
    Who cares about work prospective when there are adventures to be had???? I'm being very serous here by the way!

    But yeah, a pharmaceutical in Phuket could be doing all sorts of "pharmaceutical" stuff...

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1

    Hello,
    Thank you Mathieu Laroche for your proposal, and if you can get the name of the company, it can always help me or guide me in my choices. For my part, I contacted several agencies and asked for a quote to have an overview, which is the most reasonable but takes a lot of time.Regarding my job, I find you a little curious, and I find you a little offended by saying that I have little interest in this one just because I ask for information about a city. I am in the research and development of new drugs and I do not have to tell you more.Thank you for your help


  9. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    11

    Hi Mattsvb,

    I can see some people got a bit jealous since the last time I've been here lol. Just stay focused on your own experience and don't pay attention to haters

    Anyway, I've been able to ask my friend which company he used and how it was.

    He used a freight forwarder based in Thailand that has been specialized in international moves for several years now. The process was reportedly very smooth and easy, as they handle everything from him from door to door, even packing and unpacking.

    Here is their website, you can ask for a quotation and compare it with the other ones you got: https://siam-relocation.com


    Please let me know how it ends up. And don't forget to hit me up when you get in Thailand, you owe me a beer now man

    Skyhook, shri and Kowloon Goon like this.

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3