Like Tree16Likes

Living in Thailand ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Living in Thailand ?

Hello everybody,
    Since a few days I had a job offer, very interesting for my professional experience and my expectations and more rewarding than my current job. However this offer is in Thailand .. country that I know only very vaguely but which attracts me a lot by all that I hear on it, reports, etc.
    The first step that will reassure me will be to know if among you, some have already lived this experience? to move to another country, to move away from his family? what were your impressions?
    Thank you in advance

Where are you from? Where are you currently located?

I've seen many people caught up in that is normal in Thailand .... only to discover that they have no prospects after their Thailand tour, in developed countries.

Where in Thailand specifically and in what industry?

Thailand is a very popular place for expats to retire, work, spend winters, go on holidays etc. Of course, it can be done. It all depends on who you are, what you like, where you will live, how your job will be, how much money you have etc... If you make friends easily where you are, you will make friends there. When you move to a new place, there are always frustrations and differences. Do you consider yourself to be adaptable and easy going? Living away from family isn't what it used to be with the internet and cheap air travel so that shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you are very close.

Some people get scared or annoyed by change, others find it exciting. One life, do what you think will make you happy.

chuckster007 and Mrs. Jones like this.

Hi Mattsvb,

As said above, try to be more precise as regards your location . I'm currently living in Phuket, in the north part of the island.

I relocated there from Bangkok. I'm kind of used to international relocations... It's already my third one. Now in Thailand. As Golem said, living away from home is not the same nowadays. You can easily stay in contact with your family once a week, once a day, or whatever.

This is not something we can really help you with, it depends on your character, your personality, your background, etc.

But we can help you with precise questions, visas, moving planning, general information, etc ... so feel free to ask !!!

In case you really decide to come to Thailand, we can even meet. Thus, you'll have a first contact person in the country to get you started. Depends on where you are going to stay though.

shri and mrdollars like this.

Thailand is just too hot! I prefer places that has a break from summer heat!

If I got anything coming up for me in Thailand, I'll take it for sure. I'm moving to HK but yes Thailand is another definite choice for me. I love the friendly people, great food, stunning beaches and much more.

What field are you in? I can't speak for other professions but teaching English in Thailand is almost a C.V. cliche. Read: It won't help your C.V.

For me, Thailand is for your twenties or your over 55s... but without knowing exactly what it is you're going for and from it's hard to say.

As for the other stuff, I've lived in 5 different countries and worked in over 10... the novelty wears off eventually but it's difficult to go back once you've done it.

IMO, it takes about six months to fully settle into a routine and feel 'at home'...

Good luck...there's worse places than Thailand...

Cool

Hello everyone, thank you for your answers
    I am from France but I found a job in Hong Kong a few months ago but I did not like it so I responded to an offer based in Phuket, in the pharmaceutical fieldYes I think I am a person who adapts easily and likes to meet new people so I think it will be good, especially if there is a large number of expatriates on siteYes it is on there is worse than Thailand as a country .. I am aware but I needed to communicate with you my questionsThank you Matthieularoche for your help, how long have you lived in Thailand? where are you from ? How was your installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvb:
    Hello everyone, thank you for your answers
    I am from France but I found a job in Hong Kong a few months ago but I did not like it so I responded to an offer based in Phuket, in the pharmaceutical fieldYes I think I am a person who adapts easily and likes to meet new people so I think it will be good, especially if there is a large number of expatriates on siteYes it is on there is worse than Thailand as a country .. I am aware but I needed to communicate with you my questionsThank you Matthieularoche for your help, how long have you lived in Thailand? where are you from ? How was your installation?
    >For me, Thailand is for your twenties or your over 55s.

That might be the most accurate quote until now. I don't know how old you are, but I think this sentence pretty much sums up everything

I've been in Thailand for a little more than 24 months now. It has been quite an easy process to get into a social group, and so on, as I first did my end-of-study internship here for 6 months. I met a lot of people, settled a routine, and felt good. Then I received a job offer so I decided to stay

Thailand is awesome !!!!!!!!!

I'm originally from France

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

When are you starting your new job? Do they arrange everything for you in terms of relocation, Visa, etc. ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast