Like Tree83Likes

Anything that you left behind in the US..

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stanleyliving:
    I always stock up on :
    Neutrogena Anti-residue shampoo,
    Advil
    Glucosamine, Tumeric and Vitamins (much cheaper in North America)
    Shoes
    Oh yeah good call on the shoes. A lot of brands that I like such as Sperry are not sold here.

Also Banana Republic doesn't exist in HK and I am super keen on their non-iron dress shirts.
    biffski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Oh yeah good call on the shoes. A lot of brands that I like such as Sperry are not sold here.

Also Banana Republic doesn't exist in HK and I am super keen on their non-iron dress shirts.
    Gap US/Old Navy/Banana Republic ship to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Stuff that I regularly bring back when I go home to the US:

- Good quality chocolate

Actually, Neosporin is the one thing I do get in the states. I like that it's clear and works well for me.
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Also if you are attached to any particular over-the-counter US cold remedy/cough syrup, bring some of that along. I have some certain ones (the ones labeled for "Sinus") that really work for me and I don't feel like trying local brands and there is definitely not as much over-the-counter medication selection as in the US. Maybe that's because you can pretty much walk into a pharmacy and get anything you like without a prescription, but I just want something to stop a sinus headache now and again.
    +1 on this. I usually pick up a bunch of stuff when I go home to UK or to Australia.

A few years ago, I would've said shoes and vitamins. However, now Amazon and iHerb ship to HK at very reasonable prices.

Yes, worried about clothes and shoes. I am 6’-4”, 225 lbs and wear a size 14 shoe. So I will be twice charged in a tailor or cobbler! Hah!!!

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssms:
    Yes, worried about clothes and shoes. I am 193cm, 103Kg and wear a size 48 shoe. So I will be twice charged in a tailor or cobbler! Hah!!!
    Corrected it for you. Tailors may charge you more depending on the quality of the fabric.

Many thanks for the ‘correction’

Ironically, fabric is still sold by the yard (not metre) here, and flats are rented in square feet.

East_coast likes this.

Possibly because 600 square feet sounds a lot better than 55 square meters.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast