Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Proplus

Phillips Hue Bulbs from USA (LED lighting)

Closed Thread

Question Phillips Hue Bulbs from USA (LED lighting)

Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Hong Kong this August, relocating from NYC for his work.

We currently use the Phillips Hue lighting system in our home, and the many bulbs were quite an investment at the time. Are we able to bring these bulbs to HK to use in HK lighting fixtures, or would we need to invest in separate HK compatible bulbs?

I can't seem to find any information regarding the difference in bulb size. (Or if there even is one)

I would guess it is all down to voltage.

Can they operate with 220V

This is a fast moving product category
    You may want to look at Xiaomi Yeelights or even Ikea if your bulbs wont do 220V

https://www.mi.com/hk/yeelightled/

They are for 110-130V, you can't use them here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC2HK2018:
    Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Hong Kong this August, relocating from NYC for his work.

We currently use the Phillips Hue lighting system in our home, and the many bulbs were quite an investment at the time. Are we able to bring these bulbs to HK to use in HK lighting fixtures, or would we need to invest in separate HK compatible bulbs?

I can't seem to find any information regarding the difference in bulb size. (Or if there even is one)
    I'm using LIFX bulbs instead of Hue, which I bought off Amazon. A19 with E26 base. According to the page below, E26 is used in the US, Hong Kong is E27, but bulbs worked for me and haven't had one blew up in my face yet.

https://support.lifx.com/hc/en-us/ar...the-difference

But definitely watch out for the 110V vs 220V thing. Don't know what Hue supports but I think it might be written on your bulb somewhere. Wrong voltage will cook your electronics on the spot.

FYI You can grab the Xiaomi LED's on sale at the moment for $103

小米八週年慶典 - 感謝一路有你

Wink Thank you!

That information was very helpful!

oh my god, I was buying RMB12 led bulbs and I'm complaining that they are expensive and looking at the RMB10 option......

Quote Originally Posted by NYC2HK2018:
    Hello,

The bulls won't work but you can bring the Philips Hue Bridge which will work with the IKEA smart bulbs.
    NYC2HK2018 likes this.