Like Tree14Likes

How are Hung Hom and Sha Tin areas?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by batush:
    thank you. this is helpful to know. i have heard that hung hom is not a nice area? but i don't know, what do you think?
    old part of hung hom which is near to the largest funeral parlours ain't nice, but royal peninsula near to hung hom station is luxurious, harbour by the stars and habour place is next to the hung hom promenade, really nice apartment and it's really not crowded there at all, with the kerry hotel opposite (and excellent 'the dockyard') and few minutes walk from whampoa shopping district ( lots of lovely restaurants there and excellent parking facilites as well), me and my family like the place as it offers a lot of things while being conveniently located area (whampoa station), it's also quite multi cultural there, local and mainland chinese, indians, westerners and highest concertration of japanese people there (probably why one the biggest aeon/jusco stores located there)

Quote Originally Posted by batush:
    I would be working in Kowloon Tong
    I am from the US
    Yes, I like to go out, shopping, restaurants every now and then.
    I like nice areas, where I can walk, or there are professionals in the area.
    I prefer not to be in an area that is too cut off or isolated, as I like to go out, see people etc.
    I like to go to the gym, or prefer a building that would have a swimming pool.
    I prefer a relatively modern building (e.g. with fitted kitchen washing machine, if possible a dryer etc)

Hope this is more specific.

it will be better if you come to hong kong, have a look at dragons range in shatin as well Providence Bay apartments which is opposite, also look at Taipo's beverly hills as well, look in hung hom bay's harbour at the stars and habour place, also if you are considering to drive (which makes living in new territoires accessible and driving to kowloon is pretty ok most of the time) cost of parking parking, as Hung Hom parking is really pricey at around HK$4500

also look at apartments facilites, whether they have outdoor and indoor swimming pools and gym facilities, as well as nearby shopping malls, shatin's new town plaza is pretty nasty and packed on weekend as you have lots of cross border shoppers and locals, but whampoa is a lot more relaxed, on the hand, dragons range as well Providence Bay has next to nothing in terms of shops, science park park n shop even closes really early, but at least the weekends, there are some restaurants open (used to be none),
    z754103 likes this.