Like Tree20Likes

Questions on moving to HK (Dutch)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sorry, I checked the location and I think it is a tad too far for me using public transportation

2. read that most property search websites are not very reliable because of old/fake advertisement. So wanted to check if it is reasonable to expect about HK$30-35K rental for 2 bdr 700-800 sqf apartment on HK Island near a MTR station?

If you are fine with about 45 - 50 minutes commute, you can rent an apartment about 1300sqf for 30K. Be aware that the kitchens are very small in the central and the window niche's take lot's of space in the rooms.

5. anyone knows if there are certain neighborhoods with some more Dutch speaking kids/people? We hope our son can continue to learn some Dutch

There is quite large Dutch community in Hong Kong (over 3.000), Dutch restaurants (238 on Hollywood Road for example), bar Mokum on Windham street and you can order Dutch cheeses. There is also Dutch vereiniging coming together min 1 x per month and very active Dutch Chamber of Commerce organizing interesting events. Hong Kong (how large it sounds) is small and you'll meet the Dutch everywhere :-) Success with the move!

Thanks in advance for your help![/QUOTE]

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boer:
    Just wondering whether it is normal to ask for a second viewing (provided it is still available)? E.g. after we compared a few units we may want to shortlist a few to do a second viewing. Or will the agent scold us?
    It's not only possible but sensible. Go at a different time of day. You should be listening for noisy neighbours (evening time) or light pollution (outside neon or street lights filling up your place) or barking dogs etc. (Depending on what you are looking at .... for high rise the noisy neighbour is the big one).