Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ren32
  • 1 Post By SonicYouth1

Guidance on Yuen Long

Guidance on Yuen Long

Hi guys,

I'm moving to HK with family in July'19. Wanted some guidance on Yuen Long as a place to live. Any inputs on apartment complexes, schools, transportation and livability in Yuen Long as an expat will be helpful.

Thanks
    Subrat

There is an entire thread about Yuen Long on here... maybe Shri can find it for you. Yuen Long is pretty local, but some of the housing estates outside have more expats.

Thanks HK_Katherine, I'll look for the thread.

Lived there many years ago
    Cheaper shopping, calmer life ,friendlier neighbours. Now it has an excellent transport system too.Depending on your income I would investigate Fairview park or similar areas.

MandM! likes this.

Lifestyle and budget?

I've just moved into Park Yoho in YL, it's been pretty good so far. Brand new complex, loads of space, parks in the complex, quiet and fresh air. I'm not a swimmer but there are very big pools in the clubhouse

Transport is good and getting even better, we have our own bus terminus with 2 minibuses and 2 buses. Can be annoying at rush hour time but they're fairly frequent. West rail is very quick, although this is not for the people who go out late at night. Central takes 55 mins, same for Wanchai, Tst in 30 mins, door to door
    Definitely good for families, there are some expats here but like 0 single people here. It's 100% couples, young families, etc

Subrat likes this.

Thanks SonicYouth1 this is extremely helpful. Im coming over with family so facilities matter a lot. Good to hear about swimming pools. I'll check out Park You.

Smile

Hi Subrat , there are few good appartment under Yoho Town series all connected to MTR, LTR, Bus services and a very good shopping mall. There is not many choice for International schools, but some local curriculum schools with English education available. Yuen long Local market one of the best place to get day to day fresh food items around . Its take 30 min to TST station and 40min by metro to Central station and many alternative bus roots too . As its closer to shenzhen you may plan some trip to main land china as well.
    Sam..