Like Tree19Likes

Sales Position: Help me decide

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth1:
    The mtr fare is pretty expensive if you go past Tsuen Wan West (1 stop before Kam Sheung), my monthly pass costs 600 + the cost of ongoing journey to HK island (another $8 would estimate)= 8 x 5 x 4 weeks +600 = 760

Plus no supermarkets/high street within walking distance, it's pretty remote.
    HK$600 per month is not that expensive if you compare internationally (in fact it's cheap) , i also it's noted that the government subsidise your public transport cost after HK$400 anyway and rebates 25% of that amount.

in my opinion, i rather live out more remote and own a car, that being close to the action and live in shoe box with no direct sunlight etc

As soon as you get North of the "Gin Drinkers Line"... Living in HK is completely different ! more laid back, more space, more GREEN ! wonderful if you enjoy hiking... waterfalls, etc
    if you don't know about the Gin drinkers line, Wikipedia will explain !

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird:
    As soon as you get North of the "Gin Drinkers Line"... Living in HK is completely different ! more laid back, more space, more GREEN ! wonderful if you enjoy hiking... waterfalls, etc
    if you don't know about the Gin drinkers line, Wikipedia will explain !
    Bah! greenery is overrated! It's one of the marks against moving back to UK for me, because of hayfever and the misery it gives me.

Greenery is not for everyone ! There are loads of reasons for not moving back to UK, the Brexit fiasco being one!
    Anyway one more idea for the "where to live" question
    There's a firm called Cityloft, which has a good "package".
    They rent out low end apartments, mainly on HK Island
    And you can book a place in Sheung Wan, Causeway Bay, Wanchai etc just for one month
    The deposit is very small.
    The rooms are fully self contained (bed sheets provided, and changed weekly)
    ALL utilities are included in the rent.
    Prices start at $8000/month.
    If you booked a room for a month you could explore HK at weekends and decide where you want to rent in the long term.
    Final thought, a drinking buddy is between contracts and has a room in a 4 star hotel for $250 a night
    With the current protests, which aren't going to end any time soon, Hotels are hurting and there are some great deals !