Like Tree11Likes

Relocating from Canada to HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    You know I got a hotel room at the charter house and another at best western middle of causeway bay for some crazy low price like 250hkd last week '
    Hotels have just lost so much business last minute rock bottom deals common '
    I bet you approach a hotel for a month deal you would get a good room at a good price
    Really? Where you find them? I need a hotel room for a week or so in HK in March.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbiker:
    I am hoping to keep it under $6K HKD.

Renting just a room. I can live with that being just by myself. Where do I start? Any website that have listing for renting a room?
    Well, this site for starters. There's probably some Facebook groups as well if you Google.

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/apa...lats-available

Check Homy Inn, can get a room around 100 a night.

Really? Where you find them? I need a hotel room for a week or so in HK in March.
    Just used booking and Expedia .com under last minute offers : they throw up a whole range of option : they won't give you. Best room for one night but for a week they will : those mid rank 3to 4stars in shopping areas I guess took a big hit fall in tourist numbers and so don't overpay : I live here and I used to sleep in the office if working late shift but now actually hotel room is cheaper than a guest house : you can forget guest houses now

Quote Originally Posted by monomono:
    You can get a shared room on HK island for 5k a month, maybe a little less. It goes up from there.

If you don't need to go into an office, you could live in Shek O or Big Wave Bay and travel to Repulse Bay by motorcycle.
    size of shoe box, barely fit a mountain bike let alone a person

Mountain bike not much use in HK anyway

If you happen to qualify/have the Citi Prestige Mastercard, they have a privilege where if you book 4 straight nights at the same hotel, you get 1 night rebated. They take the prices/hotels from expedia.com.hk

>Secondly, I see a need to have networks with foreigners so I can keep discuss new lifes and daily survive skills in >HK. Are there any clubs I could join?

Most of the big Canadian universities have alumni groups here (UBC, UofT, etc). There's a Facebook group called BBC & friends. Also Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CanCham) used to organize socials around Central.

Tin Wan or Aberdeen looks nice. I assume is pretty expensive area as well.
    I did a search on Ovolo Nomad - and a mixed dorm room with 8 people is less than $4k/mth.

https://hotels.cloudbeds.com/reserva...out=2020-02-20

Quote Originally Posted by monomono:
    Mountain bike not much use in HK anyway
    depends, in new territores, plenty of places to ride, but hybrid bicycle/road bicycles has more choose with the 85km of dedicated cycling paths in NT