Like Tree29Likes

Flying my pet with me to Hong Kong

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Flying my pet with me to Hong Kong

I am planning to relocate to Hong Kong from US. I want to try to fly my small dog to Hong Kong. But it seems HK does not allow for pets to be in flight cabin. I am wondering if I can transit and have the dog with me for a segment of the flight and find the closest port and put the pet in cargo for the last leg.

Anyone here has tried that? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Which airlines allow non-service dogs into passenger cabins? Especially for incredibly long intercontinental flights?

This sounds like an incredibly entitled and selfish thing to expect the several hundred other passengers on the plane to put up with.

Actually many international airlines allow a limited number of pets in cabin. It's not selfish. It's pet friendly.

It seems like you don't have answers just expressing you grumpy opinion?

Fly the cats to hk 10years+ ago. From what I recall. They need to fly as cargo. U need to get an import permit. On arrival you need to get them at the cargo terminal and go through the local whatever services. Overall quite complicate and time consuming. If I have to do it again I would pay for a company that can handle the whole process
    And I forgot they get a compulsory rabbis shot on arrival even if their injections are in order

Last edited by blandy62; 09-02-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    spode likes this.

I'm not aware of any international airlines flying anywhere near here with pets in the cabin. It is very much a North American thing to be able to take pets/emotional support animals in the cabin afaik.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Actually a lot of international airlines allow it. For example, Air France, Aeroflot...

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon10013
    Actually many international airlines allow a limited number of pets in cabin. It's not selfish. It's pet friendly.

It seems like you don't have answers just expressing you grumpy opinion?
    If so many airlines allow pets in cabin you would not be asking this question. I moved from HK to Malaysia and would have flown via Alaska if I could have my two schnauzers with me.

Selfish-I don't think so. Your fellow passengers have paid $$$$$ for business class, would you really like to share it with an animal that over the 12+ hrs trip needs to pee and poop?

If you think @jgl is grumpy wait a few days till I feel human again after having to put my much loved 12 yo schnauz to sleep yesterday, and I will show you grumpy.
    kimwy66 likes this.

First of all, I feel sorry for your loss.

I am asking if people have done it before and I have heard people who have.

Just because you are going through a tough time is no reason to leash it out on others.

If you have no such experience, then you have nothing to share on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon10013
    Actually a lot of international airlines allow it. For example, Air France, Aeroflot...
    Was interested so checked Air France. Dogs must stay in a kennel under the seat for the entire flight. That sounds worse than being in cargo.

Did you recently move to HK?

Funny all these people moved away from HK answering to this thread, relocating to HK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast