Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Peaky

Shipping Ink Cartridges to UK

Closed Thread

Shipping Ink Cartridges to UK

Hi all,

A friend recently moved to the UK and brought his Canon printer from Hong Kong. It turns out he can only use the Hong Kong ink cartridges so I bought some here in Hong Kong.

I'm now finding out that post office, DHL, FedEx all won't ship them. I can't find much information online. Anyone know how I can ship these things to London??

Thanks!

cheaper buying a new printer in the UK

I think it is a probably a concern about flammability of laser printer toner that (unfairly) drives this restriction on inkjet ink... Had the issue during my relocation along with various other innocuous items the shippers wouldn't take.

Indeed cheaper to just buy a new one in the UK.

shri likes this.

Much cheaper to use the infinite ink tank cartridge systems or whatever they are called. He can just get a set from the local computer shop for his printer. Ink Cartridges are a ripoff. Our company even bought an inkjet that is now having official built in tank reservoir (I don't even think this is a new thing). Next cheapest thing is to buy a new printer, with or without the tank system depending on usage. Printers might actually be a thing again with the home quarantine.