Like Tree25Likes

Moving to HK with a family of 4

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by B2HK:
    Thanks, that sounds feasible. How is grocery shopping around there?
    In Lei Tung MTR / Ap Lei Chau main street:
    - Wet market and a few small shops for fruits/veggies/fish/meat.
    - 1 Park'n'Shop (not great selection) + 1 Wellcome (still limited selection but better managed). Also a Kaibo and some others selling frozen stuff.

For better selection, need to shop in Admiraly or Central and take MTR or shuttle back.
    Online shopping also available esp. for non fresh items.
    B2HK likes this.

Given the possible work locations for you and your wife, I would highly recommend you exploring HK Eastern Side i.e. Sai Wan Ho (Grand Promenade), Taikoo Shing/Quarry Bay or Tai Hang area (near Causeway Bay).

Sai Kung, honestly speaking if you do not travel by your own car (At least park at Choi Hung/Lam Tin), it is not convenient to your family esp your elder kid will go to the Peak for study.

Once your family lands, if you are looking for a good and trustworthy agent to show you Eastern HK side, you are welcome to PM me.

Wish you have a smooth relocation to HK in August!

B2HK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewsletters:
    You can walk along the seaside promenade and reach Lei tung MTR in about 10 minutes.
    Alternatively, can walk up the hill for shorter distance but beware it's sunny.
    Otherwise, catch the Larvotto shuttle to Wong Chuk Hang MTR station and get there without a sweat!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by FCH:
    Given the possible work locations for you and your wife, I would highly recommend you exploring HK Eastern Side i.e. Sai Wan Ho (Grand Promenade), Taikoo Shing/Quarry Bay or Tai Hang area (near Causeway Bay).

Sai Kung, honestly speaking if you do not travel by your own car (At least park at Choi Hung/Lam Tin), it is not convenient to your family esp your elder kid will go to the Peak for study.

Once your family lands, if you are looking for a good and trustworthy agent to show you Eastern HK side, you are welcome to PM me.

Wish you have a smooth relocation to HK in August!
    Thanks for your input. Sai Kung is indeed off the list. We do like Sai Wan Ho and will check out Kennedy Town as well.
    I like Tai Hang but it seems like there'd be quite a bit of walking involved with places like the Legend.

We had initially ruled out Bel-Air because of the distance but might give it a closer look. I am a sucker for sea view apartments.

Be warned, Kennedy town has drastically changed and become quite dense. Major gentrification had happened over the past five years. Convient with the mtr though and a couple large (dated) complexes.

B2HK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B2HK:
    Thank you!
    Note, there's also a shuttle to Central.
    B2HK likes this.