Buy phone in US or Hong Kong?

Moving to HK this summer. I currently have a decent Iphone, but I'm up for a new one. Should I go ahead and get a new phone in the US before I move or just wait and get one once I get to HK?

Also, any thoughts on dual SIM? I plan to be back in the US a couple times a year and maybe to Singapore or Philippines as well. Thanks.

Depends what phone you are gonna but. IPhone with dual SIM is a good investment and the price is about the same.

I had just bought an iphone before I moved to HK- asked the mobile company to see if I could use it, they said no...US phones are locked to the carrier, HK phones are unlocked. Not about dual SIM US phones. I wouldn't risk it...

No question buy it here price is about the same and you will have no warranty issues, dual sim is available with several carriers you can decide which one to use. Buy from Apple store or go with a contract with a carrier. Good luck

I don't think it makes any difference. As long as you buy an unlocked phone (i.e outright from apple or your carrier in US if you intend to keep your US line active), then it should be fine. If you buy one with monthly installments to your carrier in the US, then the phone will be locked and will not work with HK sim.

My wife and I both use phones purchased in the US (one earlier this year) and works just fine in HK (has to be an unlocked device !).

You want an unlocked phone with dual sim. Figure out the price on your own but IMO should be about the same. No sales tax in HK but price usually higher so it equates.

Now US phones have downloadable SIMs, but I question privacy on US phones. I've noticed a lot of targeted ads based on things I've only talked about verbally and not typed/emailed/texted/visited website/etc. Definitely feel a lot less privacy.