Like Tree2Likes

Insurance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have my visa now so I don’t need to go to Macau to activate it. I think it’s just a trip with the students

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Year long travel insurance in hk will cover your travel outside of hk for up to 100 days per trip (the Hsbc one at least). Are you traveling for work? You cannot get travel insurance to move to hk.
    That depends on her country of origin. When I first moved abroad I got a long term insurance for overseas trips. It even covered max 6 weeks of holidays back home and emergency relocation to a hospital back home. Was pretty cheap, about 600 Euro per year. The maximum term you could buy was 5 years and it had the same conditions as any travel insurance.

If OP is from some EU country than a "travel insurance" might indeed be all she needs for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    That depends on her country of origin. When I first moved abroad I got a long term insurance for overseas trips. It even covered max 6 weeks of holidays back home and emergency relocation to a hospital back home. Was pretty cheap, about 600 Euro per year. The maximum term you could buy was 5 years and it had the same conditions as any travel insurance.

If OP is from some EU country than a "travel insurance" might indeed be all she needs for a year.
    I’m from the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstinart:
    I’m from the UK
    Look into long stay travel insurance. Make sure they don't specifically exclude working abroad. Most require that you have been a resident of the UK for minimum 6 months prior to departure and are registered with a GP in the UK. If you are planning on staying in HK longer than 1 or 2 years you might want to look into a proper health insurance in HK.

Give those guys a call, they'll be able to see you up with what you need.

https://hk.ccw-global.com/contact-us/

Following

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Year long travel insurance in hk will cover your travel outside of hk for up to 100 days per trip (the Hsbc one at least). Are you traveling for work? You cannot get travel insurance to move to hk. Hk public hospitals will cover you, you are young, I wouldn’t worry about it unless you have some family health issues to be concerned about.
    How does public hospital works? How much typically?

how much for surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by mmbiker:
    How much typically?

how much for surgery?
    HKD $100 per day or something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2