American moving to HK via 1 yr in Sydney...

American moving to HK via 1 yr in Sydney...

Hello all -

I'm heading to HK for work for two years after spending a year in Sydney (also for work) and hope some one is willing to help me out!

I am a 29 year old American that enjoys a beer or three but can also want to get some sleep after a few 15 hour consecutive days. I am looking for the best places to live that are close to Central but still have some character and does not feel like you are living in a bar (non-stop party areas).

I also would love some guidance on prices. I hear that rents are trending down but does anyone know what a decent rent would be? I prefer something nice (clean/new, does not have to be large, a gym/pool/door person would be great, but not a deal breaker...)

Thankful for any other guidance on a move (where to buy electronics, things are expats learned when they made the move to HK that is diff. than other countries, etc)

Thanks!

1. Whats your housing budget
    2. How far will u be willing to commute

Thanks for reply...

apologies for the lack of my response. A lot happening to get done and forgot that I posted the questions.. I was able to find a place off robinson rd.

Looking forward to being there. Again, thanks for the response.

Shaun