Like Tree3Likes

Amazon equivalent?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Isn't it normal to expect different prices for different locations as shipping fee's would be different for the company?
    No - their prices are all quoted including global shipping. You can login from a UK IP, pay the UK price, and ship to Hong Kong, or you could (if you didn't know better, say you were sending a gift) login from a HK IP, pay the HK price and ship to the UK.

Of course, the point is that you're right - their shipping cost is different to different locations, and they quote the prices assuming that the vast majority of orders from (e.g.) UK IPs are going to be shipped to the UK, but it's an arbitrage opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    This is back in action!
    Wait, what? Its free to ship to HK when buying from Amazon US??

Quote Originally Posted by mrwillis:
    Wait, what? Its free to ship to HK when buying from Amazon US??
    Been free shipping for a couple of years, on selected (mostly stocked by Amazon - 70%+ of the inventory) products on orders over $50USD.
    Rob2020 likes this.

yep - been getting staples in during covid from the US via amazon. Much cheaper than A&M etc.

and no customs duties i imagine shipping from Amazon USA to HK?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwillis:
    and no customs duties i imagine shipping from Amazon USA to HK?
    No duties. However, I've seen a few orders where they take a few cents as a "deposit" and then refund a few weeks later. Pain in the arse, but cheap even with a few cents added in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2