Like Tree4Likes

Moving to HK (Graduate Jobs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would say it is getting more and more difficult to find jobs in HK if you don't know how to read or write Chinese.

Like some people say, you can work in your own country first and get the skills and have that target to eventually move to HK in all your decisions i.e. a company which has offices in HK, an industry that is in HK etc. Bear in mind, HK in 3 or 5 years time may be very different...

If you decide to come straight away, just keep an open mind that you may not get exactly the job you want. Are you coming for your career, or for a lifestyle? And think about what compromises you are willing to make.

The NL is an amazing place. I bet a ton of HK locals would love to switch places with OP - but I digress.

The beginning of anyone's career is a bit of a contradiction - in the sense that getting good opportunities will really help propel you in a few years, but at the same time, it's also not a huge deal if you "waste" a few years trying to find what it is you're best at. Also, it's nearly impossible to predict what the future holds. For example, if you do move here, maybe your experience here would help if there ever turns out to be a mass outflux of HKers to Europe. On the contrary, any experience here could be completely irrelevant if you decide to move elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2