Like Tree7Likes

Government Hotels

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Government Hotels

Hi, Can someone clarify my question re. Gov. hotels for quarantine, please. I have a list of Government approved quarantine hotel, and I understand that we need to book for 21 days in advance before our departure. Are these hotels different from "Government Hotel"? Someone told us that if you arrive late at night and can't get PCR test at the airport, they will send you to one of those Government hotels before check-in at your approved hotel. Is it the case? If so, which one is the government hotel? and where is it located? Location is not really matter as you can't go out but I'd like to know which hotel is the "Government Hotel" that they put you in for one night if you don't get tested at the airport.

Thanks!

Previously the test done at HK Airport took a long time so depending on what time you arrived, if it was late then you were taken to a govt hired hotel to wait for the test results. This is already STOPPED.

Now the current procedure is the test test only takes up to or around 4 hours to get the results so no mater what time you arrive into HK you will have to wait at the airport to get the results before you are taken to your own booked Govt approved Hotel to do the 21 days Quarantine.

chuckster007,

Thank you for your quick respond. We were told about a month ago about spending a night at the Govt hotel if we arrived late afternoon, but we wanted to avoid that. but it is good news to us that it has stopped and we can stay at the approved hotel after waiting for the result at the airport, that's what we want. Thanks.

We haven't booked our flights yet, but probably getting one that lands at around 7am in HK.

By any chance, do you know if we can order delivery (food/some toys and others) to the approved hotel? I was told yes and no... Spending 3 weeks in a hotel room would be really tough and thought about getting a portable piano via online shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean1201:
    By any chance, do you know if we can order delivery (food/some toys and others) to the approved hotel? I was told yes and no... Spending 3 weeks in a hotel room would be really tough and thought about getting a portable piano via online shopping.
    Here below is the govt list of hotels and majority allow outside food delivery, now whether they also help deliver outside ordered goods is not mentioned, some members in the below FB mentioned that their hotels didnt allow outside delivery of exercise machines etc.

If you have facebook account I highly suggest you join the HK Quarantine support Group, lots of members posting their reviews, questions etc and many document uploaded by users.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2788738214495345

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/pdf/d...el-list_en.pdf

Thank you for your helpful information! I will look into it now. Stay safe & healthy!

huckster007,
    Wow, did you make this list? Thank you so much for your work. This really helps a lot of us!

Deleted,

I'm having all my fingers crossed that it all goes well and speedy! We can't complain anything as long as HK let us in !

Test in airport takes about 6 hours - down from around 10+ hours.

Highly suggest you also look at Tripadvisor...some of the reviews for these hotels are truly shocking.

Consider whether the hotel will charge you for outside delivery. Think about whether you have unlimited bottled water. Consider whether there is a good variety of food delivery places within the radius of the hotel. One or two hotels might allow windows to be opened...polluted outside air may still be better than 2 week old stale air.

shri and littlebean1201 like this.

The test at the airport on arrival really depends on what time and which day of the week you arrive, some people that arrived on last sunday took a long time where as someone that landed at 4.30 am this morning, they were released by 8.30 am

REMEMBER TO BRING WARM CLOTHES AND A BLANKET TYPE while waiting for test results. The airport is Friggin Cold as mentioned many many times by members of the quarantine group on FB

landed from Toronto at 4:30 am - I think around 20 HK bound, a couple more for transit . Tested at 5:20 am, released at 8:30 - not bad!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast